The BRACKET project is a study of the representation of new enabling technologies (nanotechnology, biotechnology and advanced materials) in Vocational Education and Training (VET).
High capacities cannot be developed and implemented in the markets if students and workers do not have the necessary competences and/or skills, both technical, related to chemistry, computer sciences, etc., and non-technical skills such as entrepreneurship, innovation, etc.
For that purpose, BRACKET comprises the implementation of an in-depth needs analysis and the development of a Joint Curriculum, 5 didactic units and a collaborative platform in line with the needs of the different target users identified: VET students, workers and managers of industries, experts in education, research centres and other institutions.
The Project is made up by a consortium of 7 organisations around Europe:
- Institute for Development and International Relations (IRMO) – Croatia
- Danmar Computer LCC (DANMAR) – Poland
- University of Thessaly (UTH) – Greece
- Technological Research Centre of Furniture and Wood of the Region of Murcia (CETEM) – Spain
- Biedriba Eurofortis (BEFO) – Latvia
- Ljudska Univerza Rogaska Slatina (LURS) – Slovenia
- Innorenew CoE (INNORENEW) – Slovenia
The project has been implemented in 4 phases:
- A Key Study on the general needs in Vocational Education and Training towards Key Enabling Technologies (KETs), in order to make a complete analysis of the current situation about the concept of KETs and its implementation in VET as well as identifying the new skills required to implement KETs
- A Joint Curriculum having a basis the skills, knowledge and competences required to address the specifics needs of VET in terms of KETs (nanotechnology, biotechnology and advanced materials)
- Five different training units covering all the required learning outcomes, based on the principle of three technologies: nanotechnology, biotechnology and advanced materials, as well as two basic modules on introduction to KETs innovation regarding KETs
- An online and open collaborative e-learning platform, for students, teachers, workers and other stakeholder experts in the fields of KETs and VET to be able to learn and share experiences
The BRACKET project, as well as including a book, also produced interactive learning materials such as videos, presentations and quizzes, a set of coursebooks with all the necessary information, and additional reading to deepen knowledge on different project-related topics.
The final course is available at https://bracket.erasmus.site/mooc/login/index.php