”ADVANCE CIRCULAR – Linking Tourism Industry with VET to embrace circularity” is a transnational project coordinated by the NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN TOURISM (Romania).
O1.To increase understanding of the way the Circular Economy (CE) influences the Tourism industry&VET (Vocational Education and Training) in terms of readiness and skills through 2 analysis bringing together VET institutions & companies in the field in 4 countries in at least 8 months of project.
O2. To enhance organizations & practitioners capabilities through 3 innovative & digital tools supporting Tourism Industry&VET to act in CE, in 4 countries/EU level throughout project.
O3. To develop at least 5 applicative learning contexts (transnational & national) for Tourism&VET experts based on Design Thinking, in 4 countries/European level.
O4. To raise awareness&capacity to exploit project results in 5 partner organizations/their external context in 4 countries/EU level on 24 months.
A) 2 analysis for Mapping the Scene&Creating Bridges:
a. Are we ready for Circularity?”;
b. ”Skills for the green and circular transition”
B) 3 innovative tools supporting Tourism Industry & VET to act in Circular Economy:
- Guidelines: ”The CE: Moving from theory to practice”
- Skills taxonomy
- Digital set of cards based on what are the 5 R's of CE (Rethink, Redesign, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)
C) Applicative learning contexts for Tourism & VET experts based on Design Thinking:
- Training Pack with 5 modules + a special section ”Digital Self-learning tools”.
- 1 Transnational Training Program: ”Tourism & VET in tourism advancing circular-exploring the possibilities” +4 national training sessions for a balanced mix between VET institutions experts & company representatives&other organizations from tourism industry/related fields. They will get an overview and potentially new understanding of CE&explore new circular models and how to turn challenges into possibilities using Design Thinking.
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN TOURISM (INCDT), Romania as lead partner.
- CESUR (Centro Superior de Formación Europa Sur), Spain.
- Association of Consultants and Experts on Social Economy Romania (ACE-ES Romania).
- Bulgarian Association for Alternative Tourism (BAAT), Bulgaria.
- E-ZAVOD (ZAVOD ZA PROJEKTNO SVETOVANJE, RAZISKOVANJE IN RAZVOJ CELOVITIH RESITEV - Institute for Comprehensive Development Solutions), Slovenia.