ATERMON is focusing on intelligent uses of Game-Based Learning and Web 3.0 technologies and tools for the implementation of solutions which can deliver lasting learning experiences of real practical value. The mission is to be at the forefront of applied research in emerging technologies and tools, currently used for the most part by large multinationals for serving purely profit oriented strategies cashing in on the personalisation possibilities powered by Web 2.0/3.0. The intention is to use this knowledge for conceptualising solutions for the benefit of the owners of the data as learners instead of the benefit of purely profit-making business models. ATERMON was incorporated with the ambitious goal to ethically serve the concepts of Open Education, Inclusive Education and Personalised Learning but in a business context and not relying solely on public funding which impose limitations in terms of quality and flexibility.
ATERMON’s current activities are focussed on:
- Conceptualising intelligent solutions for E&T based on gamification models and technologies.
- Designing practical applications and tools in support of ICT-enabled E&T.
- Implementing knowledge dissemination solutions for making specialised knowledge widely accessible
- Harnessing the power of learning analytics through the processing of learning experiences for delivering personalised learing engines.
- Actively researching on xAPI, serious games, AI chat bots and holograms
- Analysing the requirements for IP management in E&T and conceptualising solutions for improving efficiency based on distributed ledgers and blockchain