Type of user:Non-governmental organisation (NGO)
Area of activity
- Active Ageing and Lifelong Learning
- Active Citizenship
- Adult Education
- Art, Music and Culture
- Charity / Volunteering
- Basic learners
- Learning drop outs
- Informal learners
- Non-formal learners
- Special needs learners
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) learners
- Adult learners
- Higher education / university learners
- Pre-school, primary and secondary education learners
- Young people
- Senior citizens
- Pre-school, primary and secondary education teachers
- Adult education teachers/trainers
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) teachers/trainers
- Entrepreneurs / management
- Unemployed persons
- Retired persons
- Representatives of social partners (unions, chambers, interest organisations)
- Representatives of public authorities
- Persons living below poverty line
- Single / young parents
- Refugees / asylum seekers
MUNTERwegs is a non-profit, well-experienced volunteer association, politically independent, non-religious organisation supported and run by professionals such as psychologists, educators etc. Its aim is to promote the equal opportunities for underprivileged children, adolescents and parents in the field of education thus improving their quality of life. From its establishment in 2009, MUNTERwegs has organized mentoring programs in various communities and in cooperation with different organisations, e.g. Red Cross, Caritas and public authorities, e.g. cantons like Zug and Luzern, Basel and Bern, mainly in the German speaking part of Switzerland.
More than 300 pairs were matched and coached via our NGO in the last 6 years. We also provide trainings and coachings for our mentors and the participating families in the field of health prevention (physical and mental well being), learning techniques, resilience, fostering equal opportunities and social inclusion.
MUNTERwegs carries out the following main activities:
- It promotes the acquisition of the German and Swiss-German languages and thus the integration of migrant children, adolescents and adults.
- It promotes contacts between the migrants.
- It provides training for parents
- MUNTERwegs, based in Menzingen in canton Zug, has rich mentoring experience for young children using volunteer mentors and a well-established coaching model
The idea behind the concept is that the mentor gives the child / youngster a positive role model by establishing a personal relationship with the mentor child. This in turn helps strengthen the child’s personal and social confidence. The goal is that the children who are aged between 5 and 16 years will perform better in school and in private. The concept is based on the idea of “mutual benefit” – benefit for both child and mentor.The vision of the MUNTERwegs Mentoring concept is to work towards greater multicultural and ethnic diversity within society’s institutions. The overall aspiration is that mentor children are able to make marked progress both inside and outside of school.
Expertise, experience and responsibilities in relation to EU project management and implementationDue to our status as a non European country, MUNTERwegs has mainly played the role of an associated partner. But thanks to bilateral agreements, the Swiss National Agency will take over the funding of our activities in the ERASMUS + program (mobilities, staff costs for work packages, contribution for project outcomes etc.)
Possible involvement of MUNTERwegs in the area of active aging, health promotion, intergenerational learning, coaching and inclusive pedagogy:
- Workshop / training development
- Elaboration of needs analysis (interviews, focus group, desk research)
- Implementation of workshops
- Active dissemination and exploitation during the entire project period in Switzerland
- Support of all project partners and work package leaders
Top 3 projects
learning to be a good mentor - legumehttps://mentorineurope.wordpress.com
Name of programme / fundGrundtvig learning partnership
Project / agreement number2013-1-RO1-GRU06-29565 1
Name of programme / fundstrategic partnership ERASMUS +
Project / agreement number2014-2-FR02-KA205-009246 (2015 – 2017)
SPPD - Society for poor people development in South India
Name of programme / fundYouth in Action - group EVS, South India
Project / agreement numberYIA-521251-2-CH-2011-R2
What kinds of transnational cooperation with other partners would your organisation like to participate in?We organize a mentoring programme where young people (students from high schools and university) as well as senior citizens act as role models (mentors) for children aged 5 to 11 years and teenagers aged 13 to 16 years from vulnerable families (most of them with migrant background or asylm seekers). One of our project partner is the Swiss Federal department of health and well-beiing as we coach our mentors and mentees to practice more sport, stay active and lead a healthy life-style. Thus MUNTERwegs is strengthening with its intergenerational mentoring program the physical and mental well-beiing of its volunteers (mentors) and mentees (children as well as teenagers). Another project partner is the Swiss Federal department of Migration, as MUNTERwegs is supporting the inclusion of migrant youth.
We are skilled in coaching and experienced in inclusive pedagogy, as well as working with intergenerational and intercultural settings.
EnglishB2 (independent speaker)
FrenchB1 (independent speaker)